Saturday, March 5, 2016

Jokatech Podcast - Episode 9- Art and Fear: MMA and Boxing

I was doing an in depth analysis of the sports game today, and also the upcoming UFC 196 event. Actually, after watching the press conference for 198, I think it might be epic. Each and every matchup has a history of beef behind it. You could feel the energy at the table between not only Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier, but also Weidman and Rockhold, as well as Dominich Cruz and Urijah Faber. It was all genuine beef between guys at the absolute top of their game.

 Anyway, before getting into the podcast, I wanted to bring out the fact that I think left uppercut will probably put away Nate Diaz tonight, and the back kick to the body will set it up. His midsection is a bit soft, and the thing about it that Connor is constantly bringing out, is that this generation doesn't train on the fundamentals and the nuances of technique and movement. They don't throw proper uppercuts these days, and they don't see them thrown proper enough, at least when conscience, which makes it hard to practice and prepare for it. Anderson also showcased the flaws in a lot of the so called top athletes as well. If you noticed, in his fight with Bisping, he varied the jab on several occasions and went clear through an ill prepared guard of Bisping each time. Once, he threw it like a cross after stepping to his left, and clipped Bisping. Then another time, he did a low-high jab, where he ducks forward and slides it in under the guard. They were well thrown, and set up well. But these days, you can see fighters with just basic understanding of fundamentals do tremendous damage. One combination that both Canelo and Andre Ward like to utilize is the 2-3 combination, where instead of head hunting like most fighters are prone to, the throw the 2 to the body, and come up with the 3 like a hybrid hook. Canelo killed James Kirkland with that, and Ward broke Chad Dawson with it. It's effective, simply because anything beyond the basic jab attack and straight combinations catches a lot of fighters today.


  I did a Podcast for the events and upcoming joke cards, and unfortunately, Youtube is on a vehement mission to eventually collapse my channel. They gave me a strike for using a Kanye West song for a tribute video, when the youtube video that inspired it, was also a 3rd party utilizing the track, yet had no repercussions themselves. As a matter of fact, ironically, the podcast I just did was flagged because the artist Jokatech has copyrighted that I used in the video, and it was reported to CD Baby by Youtube. I let you marinate on that for a few seconds.

So I've been downgraded and can only upload 15 minutes at a time, which I realized too late. I had to break the video up, which I barely had time to do, so it's all pretty sloppy. I'm going to do my best to compile it all here so you can check it out. I wanted to put it out before tonight's event.

Part 1

 
Part 2
 
Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment