Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Playstation TV is the worst console ever

I've hated Sony as a company for a while now, but I've never wanted to physically destroy them like I do now. Months ago I purchased the Playstation TV, since I kept hearing about the perks that it offered, with cross-play and streaming. At first, I played only a couple of titles on it from time to time. Lately, I've been debating a move the the PS4, but decided on passing on the purchase, due to  much of the politics of game purchases today. It seems that updates are now done several times every week for the entire platforms and games across all current gen systems. XBox, PS4, Nintendo, and even my Vita is constantly bombarded with updates. Some of these are fixes, but mainly patches to further tighten the companies grip on your purchases.

  The other day, I got a 1.5 Gig update that was mandatory for HellDivers. This update included 1 new weapon and a bug fix. Now the game is twice the size it was originally, making me have to erase data to fit it on the card. From what I hear, you can't even get complacent with fighting games, because they patch them every month and rearrange rosters and character set ups. I have a huge issue with that. I was getting into fighting games, and was going to get Street Fighter x Tekken going on my PS TV. Of course, it's one of the myriad of games blocked from usage on the system. I went down the line and saw that almost every single fighter I wanted to play on the Vita is blocked, just because.

 I spent an entire day plugging code and configuring my system and account, in what amounted to a prank. Apparently, there are fixes that allow you to hack your PS TV and play all of the blocked games. I tried for weeks to no avail. Eventually, I purchased a brand new unit with old firmware so that I could bypass the patches. All of a sudden, as soon as I make the purchase, I'm magically told that the firmware is too old to used the hack, when I was told the older the better the entire time, by every single site. Now that system is a dud. But then I find a source of info that hacks the latest firmware. At first I'm skeptical, but then it begins to make sense. The programs needed, all seem to work and do their job. It took me hours of backing up my system and entering commands, and generating file keys, when I finally got the resulting file I needed. I put the damn file in the system, and absolutely nothing happened. The entire thing was an elaborate joke.

  And Sony has no plans of adding to the white list, so all of these games are just plain unplayable. Beyond wanting to cave in the skulls of the idiots who put the tutorials together, I am sick of the system all together. It was advertised as a Vita killer, when it was released years ago. Over half of the library is inaccessible to the system. I'm completely disgusted with the Playstation TV, and it is without a doubt the worst system ever made. I would never recommend to under any circumstances. I'm pissed I wastes so much time and resources on this endeavor, but I'm glad that the systems themselves only cost about 40 dollars now. A short while ago, they were $100 at minimum, because they were being peddled as a system. It is the furthest thing from a system. Aesthetically, it is an appealing unit due to its small size and ability to use a dual shock controller and HD cables, but when a system has a library like this, it is a joke that it was even released. Originally, I heard that games that used touch screen, and the mic etc, were blacklisted to improve functionality of the system. But then I found out that Sony basically played some kind of drinking game to decide what to omit. Basically, what that means is that it was completely random. Fighting games like Injustice, Street Fighter X Tekken, Playstation AllStars etc are made to transition to a dual shock controller. They are also staple titles for the system. None of those games work. And the funny thing is that the method reveals the motive. Preceeding titles of the same series that were released on PSP or Playstation 1, work just fine on system. They were clearly targeting Vita titles.


 I can't even type much more, because thoughts are crowding my head- violent thoughts towards the execs at Sony. Wow, what a piece of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment