Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Age of the Troll!!!




  Yes, it's a term that has come up often and increasingly so in many circles. I don't want to beat a dead horse, as I discussed earlier with a friend, but the purpose of this discussion, is to drag out people who hide behind duplicity, into the light. What is a troll? Well, as it's understood today, it's an individual, who literally lives to get a reaction out of someone or some people by being idiotically negative and contradictory. It is also someone who instigates through actions for self titilation. These are the people who make discussion boards, and interaction with professionals and figure heads, basically impossible. People like Mike Ross, who does video game competition and color commentary, to sports analysts like Shannon Sharpe and Steven A. Smith, would be great for discussion, but are pretty much barred by the trolls from interaction.

  The thing about trolls, is that they are far more numerous than they are given credit for, and many of them hide behind believing that they aren't one. Just to start this off, I will illustrate an example. You see, some trolls can't even explain why they do what they do. They just act off of their idiocy blindly, as if possessed. This particular incident is the reason why I couldn't do an audio podcast of this, as improper statements would pop out. That's the level of disgust I have for them.


 I go to a Gold's Gym in Fishkill, NY. I have been going for a couple of years now. I usually go at night, to avoid crowds and get a good workout. Over the time I've been there, I notice the people who frequent the gym at night. One of them is this red-haired, bearded trucker looking dude (I'm refraining from calling him what he really is). Apparently, he fancies himself a trainer of sorts, as I would see him instructing people from time to time in the corner. In fact, in the video I did recently, as I'm deadlifting, he was to my left. Not only that very day, but whenever he passes me in the gym, he gives me an ice grill, then walks on. I will say that at least he doesn't stare for a long time like some other suspect people. But regardless, I don't know who this person is, and he doesn't know me. The funny thing is that, he pretends to be this mature socialite. From time to time, you will hear him scolding people for taking extended breaks, or getting distracted during workouts. And he will linger at the front desk at times as well, talking to the counter worker.


   I let the ice grills slide, and just give him the benefit of the doubt, and ignore him. However, like I always say, actions reveal, and people do things for a reason, especially when it's constant. This past Tuesday, I went for a late workout, and met up with a couple friends. As I walk in, he's there at the counter talking. I greet the guy to me left, who says hi, and as I swipe my card, I greet the night worker, who is an older lady who is always there. There has been a problem with the steam room at the gym, and I wanted to use it, so I quickly and politely say to her, "I'm sorry, I just had a quick question. Is the steam room running?" Before she can answer, the ginger barks over, "Yeah the steam room is working. Yeah!" He nods sarcastically with a grimace, and I simply say thank you, thinking nothing of it. Then the lady cosigns and says it is working, moreso just agreeing with him. As I go to the locker room, the steam room is still clearly down like it was before. I go back, and bring it to the lady's attention.


   Now, at this point, it's clear that he did what he did as a mere snub. The point is, if you dislike someone, why do you feel the need to interact with them? He likes to fancy himself mature. In what way is what he did noble? And what was the need for it? The thing is that he will act like that, and then flip his behavior the next minute. Explain to everyone your justification in what you did, and in why you seem to despise me to high heaven. You can't! Your just an ignorant troll, addicted to finding cowardice ways at lashing out at those you fear. I miss the days when men were men, and would shoot the 1 D with someone they didn't like, and get it over with. Today, in this creampuff generation, people want to scold and antagonize, but no one has the heart to confront. The thing is that they don't realize how I'm letting them live. Where I'm from, I would have already dropped him at the first ice grill he threw, with no need for confirmation.


  It is very much the age of the troll, because this behavior isn't isolated, it has become glorified and extremely common. I frequently watch a certain program on Youtube, where a young black gamer, who is an aspiring actor, is constantly trolled by viewers, to the extent that they steal his content, and follow him around, even in real life. Back in the day, people like that were flamed by the public and stomped out. Today, they are considered cool, and one of the crowd. What they do is considered a necessity. What I'm asking contributors to do, is not give these clowns the respect they don't deserve. Don't give them shout outs by name, and don't spend hours of you video feed responding to and addressing them. For a change, listen to and engage those who actually respect you. People like that deserve nothing more than the boot.

  Anyone you see, in or out of your circles, who considers themselves to be respectable and mature, may not be who you think. Watch people completely. If you are a person with self respect, don't bolster the pride of these people with your association. Even if they aren't trolling you, you are exonerating their actions by mingling with them. Trolls should be ostracized and ignored. They need to be exposed and put to shame for their existence, and it has to start somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Great read! Seems the haughty, ubiquitous trolls are encouraged more than ever these days. Everything is an expression of something and the ignorant haters make it ever so obvious that America is in decline, moving backwards, fast. Real fast.

    ReplyDelete