Tuesday, December 7, 2021

New Album- Maybe the Last- The People vs. J. Addae vol. 3

 




 To be released at the beginning of the year, somehow, I completed a somewhat complex project that I thought would be shelved for at least another year. There has been a great deal of stress lately, and while I thought that it would be a distraction, it was actually a catalyst. I had contemplated another novel, but then I realized I was long overdue to release a poetry collection. I had a few poems that I wrote over the last year, 1 that I meant to release with my first collection back in 2007, and several that were in my last couple of novels. The one from the 2007 collection was actually written in about 2005, and was entered into a collective compilation with other poets. Somehow, it  got lost, and the site went down. I literally had to remember the poem about 2 years ago, which took me a couple of weeks to do. So I started working on the collection. It will be released in the next few months hopefully.

  I had a concept for a 3rd People vs. J. Addae album, and I already had the title in mind, but I was thinking of doing a novel with it, as I want to make it a huge overall project. However, what deterred me from that is the fact that the story arc of the series is not cohesive or continuous. The first record is about my character standing on trial and falsely accused, while the second album and novel is about the inner laws that control claustrophobia and other social disorders that go unnoticed. There is not continuity there, so it made no sense to attempt bridging the story. This third record is about the title character of the 3 albums being on a far away island, contemplating time and saying farewell to everyone.

  The title is "This Man is an Island." It will be out January 1st.  The album cover is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment