Tuesday, April 7, 2015

World Update

I'm a man of my word. I've been slacking a bit. The latest news has been going so fast, that I've trailed off into a trance. You have spreading ISIS alliances throughout western Africa, and large numbers of people being slain in Nigeria and Kenya. Many cells are awakening in unaware regions, and perhaps may be ashore in the states. That's serious stuff, and speaks of the times that we live in, as well as the chickens that are coming to roost for the sick regime that this country has implemented under the sheets. Many are unaware that these actions spawn from brutal maneuvers that the USA hides and has been hiding for decades.

 On another note, I have to congratulate Duke and coach K on their great National Title victory. I hated Wisconsin, and I'm glad they were sent home. I also find it funny how there is still denial that fixes are put on in almost all sports. They wanted Wisconsin to win. It angered me that they were even in the National Title game. Not only because it killed my bracket, but because they cheated Kentucky to get there. The refs clearly had an agenda in that game. Then they even tried to give the title game to Wisconsin, but Duke shot that down. Then coach Ryan sulks about the refs. In the end, justice was metted out to some degree.


  On to boxing. I've seen a lot of updates posted by the faithful Fight Hub newscast showing Floyd Mayweather training like a juiced boy should. He's hitting the heavy bag, and air shield like an animal. I always knew he had the conditioning to be a more busy fighter if he wanted to. But, you can see in the power, and in the drop in speed, that he's doing things a different way. Whether or not it's a legal way, we will see on May 2nd. Bottom line- right now Manny has a tremendous speed edge. Not only did Manny get faster and more explosive, but Mayweather has slowed down noticeably, making the difference apparent. If all things are fair, Manny should be able to tee-off on Mayweather in the fight. Like I was telling people, Floyd isn't going to have Manny running into shots all night. He's aiming to have him run into an ender shot one good time. Manny has to watch out. I like the medicine ball drill that I saw Manny doing to build explosion on his punches. It's a very simple, yet effective drill, that not many fighters do, where you shuffle pass a 5 pound ball to a partner non-stop, with one arm at a time. It looks like Manny is also working on counter techniques. He could explode on Floyd's face come May 2nd and surprise us all. I would like him to work on those chopping foot feints more. Floyd can time those, and make him pay. Other than that, he looks great. Floyd looks like a stronger, and slower version of himself. He isn't sharper on the mitts, or slicker with his moves. In fact, he was eating punches  more than usual in sparring. All of that footage points to the almost obvious truth, that he is juicing and aiming for power. I won't say on the internet, how I plan on seeing the fight, but it just doesn't feel worth $100. We'll see.

 I like the fact that CBS is taking boxing back to the public, and just signed Virgil Hunter on as an analyst. They need to streamline their fight crew. Virgil will bring meaningful education and conversation to the broadcast. I will enjoy that. This is one of the only good things Al Haymon is a part of. I give him that. But when you sell your soul to  the devil- in his case himself, you have to do something good to sleep at night. He already has Peter Quillin ducking GGG, with lame excuses, like, "the money isn't right."

 On a final note, I'm calling it now, that Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor will be a bigger shock fight than Mayweather vs. Pacman. It will also be bigger in the meaningful sense. I can't wait for that in July. Goodnight. Enjoy the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment