Friday, February 8, 2019

National Poetry Month- "It's My Turn"

Today, February the 8th, marks the annual commemoration of "Day of the Free." Don't recall what that is? Check out my song, February on the record, "Coming of Age." In honor of that, as well as Black History Month, and National Poetry Month, here is a poem from your Ferbruarian Poet, "It's My Turn." This is the working title of a musical project I am working on right now, and it is also included in the novel that is being written now by myself titled, "The Man."  :



It’s a new cycle, a new age- a transition.
For this, our breath was held,
Which I will not be by these chains.
Space is my captain.
I explode with creativity after so much silence.
The things that make me great,
Are the things that make me savage.
I’ll be honest with you…
I can’t say how I feel.
What’s unfolding is still raw,
And much too big for the stage now,
Or planned venues that might play out.
Here we are, at an empass,
But you won’t be present.
Your mind is frayed, cracking the fabrics of your own reality,
Because you never believed we would be here.
With tradition, I always shrunk back,
Wasting and abusing mercy.
But not this time.
The moment doesn’t have an emotion.
It never really does, but especially now and here.
Conclusions are a culmination of all that has been for long enough.
Phases and movements, like in a song,
Are the special things giving conclusions meaning and life
All over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment