Friday, February 8, 2019

The Punch- Fitness Boxing - Game Review



This past Thursday marked the end of my month long training program with the new title, "Fitness Boxing," for the Nintendo Switch. I've also kicked off a new diet with my regimen. The fact that you can take this with you anywhere is amazing, and the system really benefits from having this title. It was launched on the Eshop, published by Nintendo at the beginning of January. I preordered it after seeing how impressive the content looked in the preview videos.

  In fitness boxing, you  are trained and guided by an avatar of your choosing, that you can unlock and style with custom gear. It is mostly girl characters, which, when I think about it, probably means that the title was aimed moreso at female gamers. There are 2 male trainers as well, and they do a good job of motivating you during each exercise. It feels good to slowly reach milestones in the game and overcome harder workouts. You burn a lot of calories along the way.


  This game does make me wish that the Switch had the ability to utilize the camera as an additional input source with gaming, to have a more accurate mapping of your movements, and allow more intricacy. I'm not sure if that is a possibility, but if so, I would love to see that done one day, as well as on the PS4. I utilized a few training apparatuses that made a difference as well- a weighted vest, and a boxing resistance belt. I recommend both. All in all, the experiment was a success, and I had a great time. I highly rate this game, with my only gripe being that the music selection felt a bit stale due to the songs not being that fleshed out, and the choice of songs being a bit suspect. Due to that, they fail to aid in motivation. There are slight discrepancies in registration of movements that happens rarely, but it could just be due to fatigue affecting the player. Excellent game!  9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment