Wednesday, December 3, 2014

New Workout tip

I just put together a pretty effective indoor workout that should be effective for staying in peak condition through the winter months. I had been agonizing over this for quite a while, until Crossfit gave me a few ideas. My crossfit team is still trying to put together outdoor workouts, but inevitably the months will come when there is no going outdoors, even to work. Me and my coach talked about the horrors of coming out of hibernation and having to start from scratch on the intense Crossfit workout regimens. That could be brutal, or even dangerous. That's why I've been preparing.


I call this workout- Supreme Self

At first, I wanted to put together a challenging circuit that hits all of the major muscle groups. You could then do reps of it until wasted. Then, half-way through the workout, I noticed that it would be crazy to mix it up. So it goes like this:

First Set:

Perfect Push ups - 30
Pull ups - 15
Kettle Bell snatches (20lbs)- 10 x each arm
Ab Wheel- 20
Plank - 1 minute

(1 minute of rest maximum- exceeding this restarts the set)

Second Set: Multiply everything by 2

Perfect Push ups - 60
Pull ups - 30
Kettle Bell snatches (20lbs) - 20x each arm * i like to do alternating reps on this*
Ab wheel - 40
Plank - 2 minutes

(when you are winded, take no more than 30 seconds to rest. Exceeding this restarts the set)

It's a very quick and effective way to hit muscles and cardio. Routines like this will have you stepping out of the cave in the spring, ready for crossfit again. Remember to have a recovery shake loaded with protein to repair your muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment