Saturday, March 21, 2015

Boxing Update: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Here we go again. As we near the middle of training camp, more nonsense surfaces from the Mayweather camp. For years, I have tried and wanted to respect and like Mayweather. Each time, he shows himself to be a sniveling coward, who will do anything to look after himself, and win.

 Earlier this month, we heard reports about the Mayweather camp, under the tutelage of Mayweather's father- Al Haymon, paying sparring partners to avoid going to Manny Pacquiao's camp and stay home. We already knew that Mayweather began working with Alex Ariza during his war with Marcos Maidana. Apparently, Ariza just gave him some diet and stretching tips. Yeah, I believe that. It's now obvious to me that he did that to avoid having a second tough fight with Maidana. He "developed" the power to keep Maidana away from him with body shots. Now, he has reportedly begun working with Angel Heredia- the man who juiced Marquez. Marquez ran to Heredia in desperation, to avoid losing the 4th match to Pacman, which would have essentially ended his career. The funny thing is that Heredia and Ariza are the very people that Floyd has acted as if he is against his whole career in his little so-called pioneering campaign to clean up the sport. Also, according to sources, The Mayweather boxing camp has been working with the two of them for quite some time, with several Money Team fighters being busted for doping under USADA regulations. As a Youtube commentator brought out, Floyd is surrounded in the very filth he claims to fight against. Ask yourself, what prevents a baseless lunatic from joining the fray of filth he helped build in an organization he controls whenever he sees fit? Sudden morals?


 Now, in a fight that, in his own words, Floyd has never been more hungry for a victory in, he goes down the same road. People keep wondering why he would be caught dead with these guys. The truth of the matter, is that Mayweather has always cared more about victory and himself than what people see and think. He's said that time and again. The point that I emphasize, is that now I honestly believe that he was scared of this fight immensely. I now believe that Pacquiao is the better fighter, in terms of overall integrity, and Mayweather just can't handle facing an opponent on his level. He doesn't like fighting unless it's a clear victory ahead. And people think that him testing means something. My question to those people is, "Did they catch Marquez yet?" I thought so. EPO, which is one of the specialties of Heredia, is almost impossible to catch in an athlete after competition, or even in training. If Marquez got his dirty win and ran, only to use possibly again after refusing the VADA testing in his fight with Bradley, how much moreso can the highest paid athlete in the world dodge a positive test. I've said many times that Mayweather could have been dirty most of his career, and we wouldn't be able to catch him. He practically has Las Vegas in his pocket. That's part of the reason for his allegiance to fighting in that venue. All of the reasons that I hear about fighting in Vegas, such as the history etc. is such crap. Pedal that on some idiot, not me. Madison Square Garden, the Staples Center, Dallas Arena, Macau. There are several historical sites to have a big boxing event in. Betting is legal in Vegas, and Vegas is the arena of choice for fights that are rigged and need to go off without a hitch. Just like a juiced Anderson Silva having his positive test results put on hold and beating Nick Diaz in Vegas. Suddenly, for that fight, it had to take place in Vegas. Even when Jon Jones spared the life of Daniel Cormier, refusing to tee off after screaming about how personal the feud was. That fight had to be in Vegas. Even after the brawl at the conference. Vegas is the seat of corruption- Floyd's womb. One thing I do know is that I can spot a fighter who is heavily juiced and seeking a KO. I knew early into the 4th Marquez vs. Pacquiao fight, that something was up with Marquez. If you couldn't tell after the first knockdown, that sent Manny across the ring, then stick around- you have a lot to learn in this sport.

  A Youtuber made a very good point. He said that with the experience and team behind him, there is nothing that Mayweather stands to gain from non-boxing minds such as Ariza and Heredia, except for drug enhanced performance. That's what they do. I can't have the blind faith in Floyd that Stephen A. Smith has. I look at that now, with pity. I really want to feel like Stephen does about Floyd, but there is too much I would have to ignore, and I refuse to do that. I've watched the media turn this into a race war, and in the end Floyd is a disgrace to his. Someone with so much talent and passion should not allow fear to blight their career. In the end, simply the fear of loss will drag him to the lowest of lows. I made a prediction about the outcome on May 2nd, and it's identical to Stephen A. Smith's. However, now that I see how Floyd is going about it, I will have no respect for it. Now if I see the KO that I predict, I'm going to know what empowered it. I have a good mind to boycott the fight and the sport, but I'll reserve my feelings for now. This brings to mind Lance Armstrong. Both he and Floyd inspired me greatly as an athlete. Both of them had supreme control and power as well. In fact, they're perfect examples of untouchable athletes. For years, Lance denied using any steroids, and I honestly believed him. I wanted to believe he was that great. I watched a documentary movie on Lance Armstrong called, "Anything to Win." They showed how hard it was for those who knew of his cheating, to do anything about it, due to the power and influence he had. He even had the court system eating out of his palms. It sickened me to find that he cheated from the very beginning. It wasn't until he broke himself down, that it all came down for him. Floyd my end up being the exact same. Over the last few years, society has had to come to grip with finding that almost all of its great athletes are in fact not. The trend has been so strong, that it has made people rightfully question greatness in its entirety. I have a bad feeling about Floyd Mayweather. It looks like this trend is starting again. I thought Lance had passion, and I thought Floyd did too. But what we often find to be the case in the end, is that the great athletes, are just great actors, performing an elaborate role.

No comments:

Post a Comment