Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Jokatech Falls Flat On His Face in New Endeavor....

Alot of people think that my whole obsession is having my ego stroked and getting praise however possible. However, if you actually take time to get to know me and what I'm about, you'd know that is far from the truth. I set out to break boundaries, and I only wish to take all those who know of me, or are new to my work, on that journey with me. That's what it's always been about.

My new record, "Standing Still Symphony X," was briefly preceeded by "Standing Still Symphony," which was accompanied by 2 additional tracks. The album was an experimental foray, where I was determined to take risks. Albums like this also call for patience on behalf of the listener and the performer. It even took Miles several decades to dare to step into that territory, for the same reasons. You invite, and will receive backlash for that genre most times. And it's understandable. Because any true artist will tell you, as will I, that the aim is to get a reaction from the listener. What reaction is not the point. Just a genuine feeling.

  I give you the good and the bad. My first 2 records reviewed, received a 4/5, and a 3.5/5 respectively. That was the Magnum Opus series. But for years, I have always been afraid to abandon structure in my music, and stop being safe. Listening to old artists and new ones lately, who dare to do it, I really felt obligated to give myself that chance, whatever happened. Thus came the SSSX album. This album received a 1/5 by the first of several review sources. It may get high marks in the near future, but the reason I am most proud of this review, is because it evoked the most response from the critics. I've been asking friends and associates for some time to check out the material for themselves. When you read the review, you may laugh. But, it should make you wonder what he heard. I invite you to take a listen to the full album on my soundcloud. Be prepared to be toyed with and challenged, as the critics were. In fact, on their page, they invite listeners to agree or disagree with their analysis. But none of that can happen without a listen. The album is up for sale, but it's up on my soundcloud free of charge to listen, and on spotify. The full album is only on Soundcloud right now.


Without further ado, here is the link:
http://www.musicemissions.com/artists/albums/index.php?album_id=18732

No comments:

Post a Comment