Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Police Officer Nightmare

I just had a nightmare last night from the perspective of a police officer. It was weird. To set the scene, it took place in modern times, but it felt like a throwback at the same time. I was one of a group of police officers who were friends in our late 30's, partying at my apartment. We were there only briefly, and on duty, as we were in uniform. I don't know how that worked. Anyway, we were dancing to 70's style funk music and getting down. We were making some noise and commotion, so the neighbor underneath my apartment was knocking on the ceiling. He was an older guy who was a retired officer himself. As we finished up and made our way down the stairs, he was standing outside his apartment door. He pulled me aside at the staircase and said something to the effect of, "You guys are always making so much racket. I don't know why you don't just retire from your position and chill out doing something else...." I think he meant to serve in a different capacity. We were patrol officers or something. Those words were haunting.

 Shortly after, we were called to an area to respond to a minimal threat situation. Apparently, some locals were being harassed by two guys. I don't think weapons were mentioned. When we got the area, officers were already there. The thing is that some of us had on vests, and I was one of them. It turned out that it was two twin brothers, who were anti-police, and probably instigated the call on purpose. After the commanding officer began briefing, a shot fired from the distance. There were about 8 of us there at the time. I think 2 officers were inside the building. We dropped down and looked around the area, but saw no one.Whoever was shooting was moving from spot to spot. The shots continued to fire shortly after and were being aimed with precision. The officers without vests were struck. We were firing shots just to get time to get a better look, but still saw no one. More officers were struck, and the ones wearing vests were being shot in the head, as if the assailants were using scoped rifles. I was hit in the upper chest, and the last thing I saw was the two twin brothers closing in with machine guns to finish the unit off.

  I saw the scene play like 2 more times from the vantage point of the shooters, and it was terrifying. It makes you see how much danger officers have to deal with...

No comments:

Post a Comment