Saturday, May 9, 2015

Third Times A....

 I just watched, meticulously, the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight, and I have never been more convinced that the mentality of this world has plummeted to ridiculous levels in the past few years. I felt I was being generous when I watched the fight the first 2 times. I had it scored between a 115-113 win for Mayweather, and a draw. But as I mentioned earlier, Flounder from SB Nation had the fight for Pacquiao 115-113, and I remember saying that when watching it, I could see that argument.

 I turned the sound of the ignorant public off, and watched the entire fight on mute, even rewinding the close rounds to take a closer look. What I've come to see is that people probably won't get any closer to the truth no matter how many times they watch it, because they don't know what to even look at. They understand 2 simple things- Aggression, and that magic thing that Mayweather does. That's how deep the minds of the fans go. I tried to give Mayweather rounds, and still, after scoring the fight round for round, at best, I had a draw. I definitely see the argument for a Pacquiao win 7 rounds to 5. And get this, it would actually make sense to see Pacquiao winning 8 rounds. I' going to do a short video to break it down further, in case you still don't get it.


 The first 2 rounds were clear Mayweather rounds. He worked from outside. And changed position enough to get good offense going. "THAT" was boxing. What you people can't do is separate retreating and ring generalship. There were rounds where Pacquiao won off of ring generalship. The reason you'll never see it, is because you don't even know how that would look.

I was kind before and gave Mayweather rounds 4 and 5. If you watch those rounds again, there is just no way in the world to give those to him based on activity and accuracy. Those are the rounds that he began to realize that his usual pot shot game wasn't going to work. So he made a conscious effort to put on his best act, and it convinced you all that he was pot shotting anyway, which is freaking amazing. He was dramatic with his every moment, and had 1 spot on those rounds where he tried to rush Manny. He landed 1 punch in that effort, but with his wild act, it looks to the naked eye like he teed off on Manny. Flounder called it, and I totally see where he's coming from. Manny won rounds 3 -7. You try to break those rounds down in slow motion and make an argument for the counter, and you will only show how stupid you are. Stop putting your faith in Compubox. Those are a panel of people just as boxing-retarded as the rest of the world. They had no idea what was going on in front of them. Even if you just glance over the fight, you will instantly notice that the 2:1 ratio of punches that they had for Mayweather was ludicrous. He pulled that off simply by range jabbing. They scored every one of those range jabs and lead straights as landed, totally oblivious to them bouncing off of Manny's guard. What I noticed was that half of the time during Mayweather's offense. Manny's forearms and hands were being pushed against his face.



 I had to squeeze round 8 in for Floyd. I honestly mean that. Manny worked better and more effectively in that round, and I still gave Floyd the round reaching, and assuming he had more control. I didn't even feel comfortable doing that. Mayweather won rounds 9 and 11 relatively clear. He got Pacquiao to get sloppy chasing him during those rounds. The problem is that he got all of you to see the entire fight like those 2 rounds, and poor Manny has to suffer, when he actually did just about as good as you can. That's the closest it was going to get to outboxing Mayweather. Partially because he's that good, and partially because he is a master at making any offense he takes look  ugly. Like I said before, Hopkins is another master at that. Chad Dawson had his number like crazy, but it ended up being a majority decision, because Bernard muddies up the waters so well. You people were looking for Pacquiao to bat Floyd around the ring. Like I said before, that is not going to happen. Just because it didn't, doesn't mean we didn't see a great performance from Manny.


  There were so many rounds I really tried to give Floyd, as a fan of his. But watching his output and control, I found myself screaming at the screen, "You're not giving me enough to give you this round." That's straight from a boxer's perspective. It really puzzles me that everyone is singing the same tune. I know that if I caught those nuances, that Paulie Malignaggi, and Bernard had to catch them, but to watch their interviews, it looks like they just have dialogue lines to follow. There is more than enough room in there to give Mayweather "A-side" favoritism, and STILL have the rounds even at best. There is no good reason why this fight couldn't have been scored a draw. At least that would have been only a minor robbery to Pacquiao, who did enough to win. Now I'm starting to see, that it wasn't part of the contract. Even if you look at Floyd Sr.'s face and Floyd Jr.'s face, you can see they know they didn't take that fight. But of course, all they have to do is put on the act, and the gullible fans will fall in line. Manny should have been smart, and made his case that he won, then remained silent. Bringing up a shoulder injury hurts his credibility, and in all honesty, he didn't have to do that.

 Here's a video of some of the breakdown:


1 comment:

  1. LOL. I made these ridiculous comments weeks before an English panel of officials would rewatch the fight in slow motion, and back them up, stating the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete