Saturday, February 7, 2015

New Poem- Here in this Moment

Here in this moment 

I never imagined I'd be here in this moment.
The artist feels,
Yet many assume I'm simple because I remain calm.

Every poem was an adventure.
I travelled so far from where I sat,
Thinking of the world we live in.

You're always handed a tougher trial than you overcome, So at times this makes me afraid to escape.
But I saw and learned.
Look at you wise sages.
They'll see you and call you an old man or a weak woman,
But I see you and I see greatness.
Here in this moment,
I'm not caught up in it's common intrigue.
You know what I'm caught up in?
Life.

I'm so overwhelmed by everything that I am
Through the eyes of the boy that I was.
In visions staring through the third person,
I find myself screaming at a reflection of my father,
"When you were younger, you used to freeze in place. Don't panic! You are a king!"
There's so much promise I'm seeing wrapped up.
Almost exposed, I want to break it open,
But I remember the course of the flower in bloom.
We are naked in the eyes of God, so why are we pressed in the eyes of man?
Why are we squeezed into these small and frozen hopes With little bits of love  advanced in tight kept spaces, Reserved for the explorer?
Perhaps they were stumbled upon by the hillside as a child.
Maybe their disappearance is a perception.
Nevertheless, The vast expanse just isn't big enough for our true insides.
A heart could only dance where it truly resides.
In this breached vacuum, those are the laws imposed.
This is what makes me aware.
That is my fear and my intrigue, here in this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment