Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Modern Fool

I've recently dove back into the arts from years gone by and artists who I had forgotten. Lupe Fiasco is one such artist who I owe tribute to . My brother- Wasulu Mohammed Jaco, is a deep dude. His first few albums reek of depth beyond even "Illmatic," and I dare you to go to Rap Genius.com and test that theory out. He talks about everything that matters. At work, a few knuckleheads had a discussion with me about each of our top 5 lyricists. It seems that no matter how much people think of themselves as purists, their opinions and taste are blighted by a modern, biased stupidity.

 Another thing that really annoys me is the landscape of video game reception. Games have never been more shallow, or aimed at the common baseless idiot. Yet, still, as accessible as they are in 2015, most of those same idiots still look at video games as childish, and ignorant pastimes that a mature individual should grow out of. The only time they restrain those idiocies is when someone they already deeply respects approves. It's funny to watch. At work, there were 2 different conversations going on- 1 about video game direction today and the diminishing direction in artistic expression, and another about ISIS cells spreading in African countries. I engaged in both, but as the 2 groups that alternated between talking to each other, I got caught in the middle taking a lashing for the video game discussion. The political discussion participants went on a 5 minute rant about how you have to outgrow video games, and they rob you from being a productive and loving husband. I shook my head at the points they made. While balance is needed in anything you do, these same clowns will have no problem gambling, cheating, and smoking with that same time, over playing video games. They don't see at all, and perhaps will never see, how stupid they are and sound.

  Video games have been proven though science for many decades, to enhance and sharpen the mind, keeping neurons firing at a high level, and coordination intact. Evidence has shown for quite a while, that the kids who read comic books, and play games, versus the kids who don't are vastly more literate and competent. They also possess far more artistic prowess. And it shows in conversation. When you talk to people who are anti-video games about anything, you notice this reserved, and incompetent nature that you can detect. They are the ones that are afraid to have original thoughts, or dare. And part of that is due to subtle conditioning. I pity these idiots. I like being a gamer, and some of the coolest older people I know, are the ones who held onto that passion. There is no coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment